Friday 8 February 2019

My first time using Powertex

Powertex, I have been interested in there products for some time now, because of the the amazing things that can be created from it.
Now, if your are anything like me, you either can't find the right embellishments that you need for a project or you do find it, but it costs the earth?
Well it was just this problem that encouraged me to buy my first Powertex product. I chose to buy a bottle of fabric harding fluid, when it arrived, well packaged I might add, I read the instructions & out it away in my trolley alongside the rest of my medium products, not out of mind but rather waiting to use one day lol.

Well, that day came a few days ago, when I started the project that I am sharing with you today.


Edited to say that this little bird won me 1st place winner on the Altered Eclectics Challenge Blog


The large flower is supposed to be a hibiscus & it is the embellishment that I created using the Powertex hardening fluid.
The pink floppy fabric flowers shown in the bottom photo, are how they looked before I treated them.
I used jewellery wire with a blog of liquid pearls on the end, to make the stamens, plus paint & inks in various colours, plus heated some embossing powder on the edges.
I used paint & sand mix in the birdcage to create an old rusty look, adding dabs of various colour paint randomly until I had an effect that I liked.
I prepared the MDF humming bird with acrylic primer, before applying Inka-Gold wax paint, blending different blues & green to create the effect, then edged parts of it with Prima icing paste in Fire Ruby & rubbed a touch of Cosmic Shimmer gold shimmer guilding wax to highlight a few areas.

Please leave me a comment if you like my art, I do appreciate it
Jane xx




6 comments:

  1. Lovely project - great job with that flower! Thanks for joining us at Bleeding Art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful, just love how you have creatdc this, beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning. Thank you for joining us at The Bleeding Art Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous, thank you for joining us over a Bleeding Art.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx
    Bleeding Art DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness! It's beautiful! Thanks for playing with Bleeding Art

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful project. Love the design and colours. Thank you for joining us at Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics this month. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete