Next, I painted the surface with 3 shades of blue, using the 'wet on wet' technique, to do this I selected the darkest shade first & painted the whole surface, while still wet, using the next shade down I painted a few areas, blending the paint as I put it on & did the same with the third colour. Moving the paint around giving a mottled effect. Next, began adding colour to the large seahorse, using acrylic paint & waxes, when happy I adhered it to the base & gathered the embellishments together.
At this point I tend to take a photo & walk away from it, for a while. I do this so that I can look at it through the photo & for some reason I see clearer on there where things stand out of need touching up or blending. Daft, I know, but that's just how I work especially when using lots of colour.
When I looked at the photo online, the letter tiles, stood out to bold, so I added the tiniest bit of blue & pink wax, just to balance it out. I also noticed that the cogs didn't stand out, so I dapped some of the same gold wax, just on the tips of each one & a little to the edges of the board too.
I coloured & added the 2 smaller resin seahorses, some shells to form the back fin of the large seahorse & I was done!
I hope you like my little canvas, it was fun to make, even if it was a bit out of my comfort zone. Please join in with the Bleeding Art challenge, it is a mixed media challenge & always 'Anything Goes' so no restraints. There is always a lovely prize on offer as well as the lovely winner badge to display on your social media page.
Thanks for visiting my blog, please leave me a comment. Take care & stay safe Jane x