Saturday 2 March 2019

A simple, but pretty box

Today I am sharing a simple box, which is quick, inexpensive & fun to make, even someone with no experience could make it.
I plan on making lots of these, so that I always have one ready to gift as adhoc gifts, unexpected guests, birthdays etc. However, the main reason for making them is to donate them to fundraisers, charity shops & so forth.


I painted a simple wooden box with a pretty pearly paint, while drying I prepared my scallop shell. The inner part of the shell was a little dark for the finish I wanted, so I painted the inside with a white pearl paint & while still wet, I sprinkled the inside with some original dazzle dust & touched the outer edge of the shell with some mica powder in a baby blue colour. I then sprayed it with a cheap hair spray too seal it. Next I stuck a couple of paper leaves & rose in place, added a faux pearl inside the shell, then glued in place. These boxes are cheap, easy & fun to make, perfect on those days when your time is limited or your mojo has done a runner!

No comments:

Post a Comment