Saturday 2 March 2019

Happy accidents happen, take heart .....

Today I am sharing a project with you that took a completely different direction from where I initially expected it too! It started out as 3 different sized MDF hearts, which I set about creating a different texture background for each one. The biggest heart, which you can hardly see anymore, I made a fabulous crackled base, I covered the 2nd heart with lace & for the 3rd heart, I stuck on some little wooden swirls. Next, I went looking for other bits & pieces to use, low & behold, I found lots more hearts, which I set about colouring in various ways.
Now this is where everything got lost & the direction I had planned for this project went by the wayside.

I had a phone from my sister, telling me that my Dad was in intensive care & I needed to get there quickly.  As you can imagine, my mind was all over the place. Thankfully, I got to the hospital just in time to say goodbye to my Dad for the last time ... My world had just fallen apart. That was a week ago!

After a few days, I felt strong enough to do a bit of crafting again & this is when I realised that one of the hearts I had glued down  at the wrong angle. I use gel medium as my glue, so no way would it come apart now without damaging it, so I had to work around it.  I just could not bring this heart project to anywhere near to liking it, I even tried adding even more hearts to try to alter the shape, but nope I still didn't like it.

So in the end, I threw caution to the wind & decided to blacken it all out with Gesso & start again. Finally, I managed to produce something that I quite liked, with the help of the fantastic Inka-Gold wax paints by Viva.


EDITED to say that this piece was chosen as Runner Up over on the Bleeding Art Challenge blog






I am entering this in to the following challenges
Bleeding Art Challenge   Altered Eclectics

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous - sometimes accidents turn out being our best work! Thanks for joining us at Bleeding Art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, love the layers. Thank you for joining us at Bleeding Art.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx
    Bleeding Art DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful hearts. Lovely textures and colours. Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics this month. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color effect! so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog, Jane...
    Now to find out if you do Instagram, too?
    I hear you on not being happy with a project. I’ve been there many times myself!
    Gorgeous colour mix. So pretty.
    Hugs. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!! Your textur, colours design - wow!!!
    Something like that I would like to learn&do someday! <3

    ReplyDelete