Wednesday 7 August 2019

A Summery Tag ....

Today, I am sharing a pretty tag I made yesterday after a walk with Dave & the dog!
We decided to walk around a lovely housing estate near us, that always have beautiful gardens that are chock a block full of flowers.
I took inspiration from the gardens to make this rather lovely tag
Remembering that a lovely fellow crafter had gifted me some hand printed & embossed paper flowers. First off, I dyed them using my new spray mist inks & when dry I brushed each flower with a water based  varnish. I then coloured some mini clay balls  using the yellow ink & placed them in the centre of the flowers I sealed them in place using glossy accents. When dry, I turned the flowers over & glued on some pretty braid with leaves attached for added effect.
Next, I selected the tag I wanted to use & covered it with paper, patterned for a summery feel & free some faux stitching around the edge & tied ribbon at the top of the tag. After deciding where my flowers would go, I stamped a little bee near the top before attaching the flowers. Below the flowers I attached a little pink tassle, just for added detail really & to coordinate with the pink in the ribbons!
Next, I stamped out the little butterfly twice, one of them I glued flat on the tag, the second butterfly I coloured before bending & carefully applying glue just to the centre of the butterfly, glued it on top of the other one, lifting the wings slightly.
Finally, I stamped the word Summer on a piece of card & attached at the bottom of the tag. I find creating something in a CAS style very difficult, because when I try to do it, to me it always looks unfinished, but I am quite pleased with how this tag turned out



I would like to enter this into the following challenges!

https://tagtuesday.blogspot.com
http://craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.com

Thank you for stopping by my blog, please leave a comment
Salty kisses
 Jane 🌴

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag, a wonderful bouquet of summer flowers and feelings. Thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday, much appreciated! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous tag! And I love the inspiration after walking your dog too. Nice little tassel addition too! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tag - it makes me feel happy, seeing the flowers in such pretty colors!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Tag Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag, love the beautiful sunshine colours, Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found your blog! Thanks for following me on mine...Took a good scroll around and am glad to follow you! So good that you can find relaxing time in crafting to get you trough a lot... Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete