Monday 22 July 2019

This started life as a Cheese Triangle Box ....

Dreaming Of The Sea

Today, I am sharing an altered project with you. This was such fun to make, even though when I first day down at my desk, I didn't have a clue what I was going to do or how I was going to do it!
I began by trimming & tidying both the lid & base of the box, then I painted it inside & out with 2 coats of a pearlescent paint, I used Folkart Pearl Acrylic in Aquamarine. Next it secured a length of cotton twine around the base of the box, there was a handy joke already in the base, so I chose a pretty button with a raised back, tied the twine to the button & thread both strands of the twine through the hole, the button secured the twine without needing to glue.
Then I set about adding allsorts of sea themed embellishments to the lid, including natural shells, tiny pebbles, sea glass, charms, beads & more, all stuck down with pentarts gel medium, to make sure they won't fall off. I also used coloured sand, ink sprays & sequins.
 Next was to tackle the cotton twine, so out came the bead box. After choosing which beads & charms I wanted to use, I tied them to the twine securely & trimmed off the excess!

This was created as a swap item, I was a little sad to see it go, but it's new owner loves it & I received a pretty box in return.

I would like to enter this box into the following challenges please

https://bleedingartchallenge.blogspot.com

https://mixedmediaacademy.blogspot.com

http://alteredeclectics.blogspot.com

http://countryviewchallenges.blogspot.com

http://moremixedmediachallenge.blogspot.com








Thank you so much for visiting me today, I always return visits & comments
Sandy kisses
Jane 🌴🐚🌴

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely box! Beautiful colours, and I love the seaside theme! Thank you for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics this month. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Thanks so much for entering this into our July challenge over at Country View xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful alter box! It is full of marine mood! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Academy in this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely project ! Thanks for joining my challenge at Country View Challenges ! Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful altered box, I love altering cheese boxes as well. This is summer and beach pure! Thanks for joining us at More Mixed Media, much appreciated, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love anything nautical, what a beautiful project. Thank you for joining our challenge at Bleeding Art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky swapmate! I love this; you are a real natural for altering boxes! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! It made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow.. this is just awesome! Love everything of your fantastic project. Pretty colours and so many lovely details, too! Love it!!!

    Lovely greetings
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *List Manager* Challenges for Days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Doris, thank you so much for visiting my blog & leaving such lovely kind words, I really do appreciate it .....x
      Jane 🌴

      Delete