Monday 21 October 2019

ArtCoins.....

Yep, ArtCoins are something else that I love to make & collect. Created in the same way as ATCs, but circular obviously! They are 2 1\2 inches in circumference & traded, but never sold.
Here are just a few that I have made in the last 6 months

The coffee pots were created on MDF bases, water colour paper that a coloured using Distress Oxides spray in Pickled Raspberry, Seedless Preserve & Walnut Stain, splashed with water to help it fade, before stamping on the pots using Walnut Stain ink. Sorry, but I don't know the name of the stamp I used, I was a thank you gift kindly popped into one of my many craft purchased 🙂 I think the words are from a Tim Holtz set, but not sure?!
(Traded)

The travel ArtCoins below are on MDF bases, which I gesso'd in white. When completely dry, I heat embossed each one using a few pots of WOW Embossing Powders, that had arrived just that morning to try them out, as you do! The colours are Sunburst, Lavaburst & Greengage. I experimented with them, because I was in a playful mood 🙂 on the train, I used some sequin waste as a stencil & patted the WOW Embossing it through it, giving it that honeycomb effect. I did the same with the truck one, but the effect was a little different, it actually resembles a snake skin effect. The balloon one I decided to sprinkle the powder directly on to the coin. Sunburnt & Lavaburst are mixed & the Greengage is metalline! The stamps are from Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous range, sorry I don't know the name of the set that these are part of. 
(Traded)

The next set of ArtCoins, were again on an MDF base & covered with had coloured backing paper. This time using Brusho paint pigment, when dry I stamped them using the free stamp from Craft Stamper magazine. I then dabbed all over each coin with WOW embossing ink & sprinkled with Ultra Thick Embossing Crystals by Cosmic Shimmer, then melted it with my heat gun. This not only gave them a clear glassy finish, but it also enhanced the beautiful Autumnal colours.
(Traded)


Thank you so much for visiting my blog, if you reading my posts then please feel free to follow me, I will return the favour!  I love receiving comments too.
Salty hugs
Jane 🌴

2 comments:

  1. Wow, the coins are great. I like them very much.
    Greetings Carola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carola, thank you so much for your visit & lovely comment, I really do appreciate it ....x
      Jane 🌴

      Delete