Sunday 5 January 2020

Heart & Soul

                                  Please click to enlarge for detail

I am limited in my craft time at the moment because I have operations on my eyes for cataracts, my second eye was done  about 4 weeks ago. It takes much longer for my eyes to settle & heal due to added inflammatory markets in my body because of the AS (arthritis) I have always worn glasses because I was shortsighted, however, when they replaced my lens, they have me optic ones that has corrected my straight & it's fantastic! The downside is that I now need reading glasses, which is fine, but until I am given the all clear, I find close work very difficult, hence my lack of craft time ..... I can only do it in short bursts & good daylight. So, I am (im)patiently waiting to be able to book my opticians appointment & get reading glasses & get back to my craft desk on a daily basis.
The ATC above took me 4 days to complete, but I love it

I started with an MDF base, which I painted with black gesso, next I adhered some MDF cogs a metal flower & the music note, using strong gel medium. Next I added a small metal flower shaped button, a metal cog, a heart charm & a copper rose. When dry, I painted it all again with black grasp & left to dry.
I searched through my word/quote box for suitable wording decided on *HEART & SOUL*, but the matt finish card didn't look right against the metals, so I have it a heavy layer of glossy accents & set it aside to dry. Next I painted the whole ATC with green metallic paint, except the music note, which I painted bronze & allowed to dry. Finally, after glueing the wording in place, I added touches of  bronze & black paint, as well as gold was to break up the green ...... I am pleased with the finishes result.

I would like to enter this piece in the following challenge blogs:

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation - your eyes work fine! Thanks for joining us at Bleeding Art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely ATC. Love how the note stands out. Thanks for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create. Hugs from DT-Irmelin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wunderschön gemacht, da gibt es so viele tolle Sachen zu entdecken, klasse gemacht, danke dir für deine Teilnahme bei ATCs mit Herz,liebe Grüße Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ein tolles ATC hast du gemacht.
    Danke für deine Teilnahme bei ATCs mit Herz.
    Viele Grüße Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment Connie, I find it very encouraging...x
      Jane 🌴

      Delete
  6. Such a simple piece but boy does it pack a punch. I'ts beautiful and so shimmery. Again we have something in common - short sited and used to have glasses too. Had 'new eyes' years ago and couldn't believe how I could actually 'see' things so clearly. I am opposite to you now only needed glasses for long distance, tv and computer. No reading glasses though. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete