Monday 23 March 2020

It’s Spring....

Hi, I have created another journal page & I really like how it turned out. I don’t normally go for pretty, but today I did & I like it!  
Please click the photo to enlarge for viewing

For this page, I began by painting my water colour paper with an even layer of gel medium to adhere down a patchwork of  left over scraps patterned paper. Next, I took the edge off the bold page with a thin layer of white gesso, drying it with my heatgun. Using oil pastels I randomly scribbled areas of the page, using pink, blue & green, blending with my finger. I deliberately used the pastel thicker in some places than others, because that allows differences in depth of colour. Still I found the finish to be quite flat, it needed a lift, so using my finger again, I smudged on some Viva Inks Gold in Hydrangea, after a few minutes,, I buffed the whole page with a soft cloth.
Next, using different stencils pigment ink, this type of ink quirks well on glossy surfaces & it dries quickly. I used a soft brown colour. The bird's I fussy cut from paper, glued to card to strengthen then, outlined them with black own to help them to stand out. After glueing them & the other bits in place, I finished the page by using my black own to create a frame & I was done!

I would like to enter this page in to the following challenges:


https://splashymixchallenge.blogspot.com

https://welove2create.blogspot.com

https://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com

http://moremixedmediachallenge.blogspot.com


13 comments:

  1. this is a gorgeous journal page. Love the mix of colours and design xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful art journal page. Thanks for playing along with us at Splashymix Challenge..Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovely MM layers here Jane. So colourful and so 'Springy' with great sentiments. Thanks for sharing your journal page with us at Creative Artiste MM Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Thank you for joining us at the Splashy mix challenges. - Priya Satish DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a beautiful journal page. love the colour mix and elements. Good luck to you.Thanks for playing along with us at Splashy Mix Challenge.Hope to see you again
    ShylaaFounder @ Splashy Mix challenge
    Adhiraacreations
    Splashy Mix Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for playing along with us at Splashymix Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely
    Thank for joining us at splashy mix challenge.
    Social Media Ambassador,
    Dheepika Vasudhevan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely design. Love the canvas theme. Thank you for joining us at Splashy Mixed this month. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful design!
    Thanks for joining us at Splashymix challenge
    Maria Pilar DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!!
    Thank you for joining us at Splashymix Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this adorable designed card, very sweet..x following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful journal page, the colours are gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete