Saturday 4 April 2020

Faux Crackle Effect

I intended to create a crackle background in this tag, but my crackle paste had dried up in it's pot, but not giving in I decided to attempt to create the look in a different way. I had a colour palette in mind, having seen a mood board I wanted to work with. I had already chosen the MDF tag that I wanted to use, so I set about with a coat of black gesso. After drying, I spread  Finnabair icing paste in Fire Ruby through a stencil & allowed to  completely dry! Then using DecoArt Acrylic Paint in Purple Passion, I painted the whole tag but before it dried, I rubbed it over again with a damp cloth. Because the icing paste is glossy, it allowed me to wipe the paint off .... Voila faux crackle effect, I think I will be using this technique a lot.


I chose a vintage photograph, it's possibly a Tim Holtz, which I grunged up a bit more & I had a piece of daily that needed using, but I didn't like how flat it looked, I wanted a bit of height. So, I have it a couple of thin coats of WOW embossing powder using detail clear & vintage rose, while still warm I gently pleated it, gluing in the shape of a fan.
After gathering a few embellishments & trinkets, which included paper roses, charms, broken jewellery, beads & faux pearls. I began glued them all in place using gel medium & added a tassle.




I would like to enter this to the following challenges





6 comments:

  1. So creative and colourful Jane. Love all the bits and bobs you added. Great way to get that crackle look. Seems we are a 'cracked couple' LOL
    Just became your new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely project. Thank you for joining us at the Mixed Media Challenge - Priya Satish DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag. Thank you for joining in MMA Challenge

    Semonti
    DT MMA Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful. But sadly we don't accept Cards, Tags and ATCs
    All the best for next challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Please remember next time that we don't accept Cards, Tags and ATCs. DT MMA Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful project! Thank you for participating in the Mixed Media Academy challenge.

    ReplyDelete