Sunday 19 July 2020

Background Play

 I really had fun creating this background yesterday, I was completely absorbed in the making of it.
When I started all I knew was that I wanted to use heat embossing, no plans or prompts, just play & see where it took me.


Working in my handmade journal, I chose my stamp dabbed WOW embossing ink & pressed on to my page, I had to do this 4 times to fill the pages. Next, I placed my book on a sheet of paper & sprinkled WOW embossing powder over the entire stamped page, I used Crusty Copper then tapped the excess on to the paper & poured it back into the pot!

I then decided to just spray mist some shimmer inks until I got the effect I wanted.
Sadly, the photos don’t show the shimmer very well, but I managed to capture the blends. I always dry each spraying before changing colour.


2 comments:

  1. I love the shimmery colours, it reminds me of mother of pearl and the inside of shells, gorgeous! Thank you for commenting on my blog, hope to see you again.
    Hugs, LLJ (Lunch Lady Jan) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment .. x
      Jane 🌴

      Delete